I’ve got a great idea for a book. How could I get published?
There’s no magic formula for achieving success in the writing world and I’m still learning myself. Here are a few things I’ve discovered:
- It helps to network; join a local writers’ group and gain insight from like-minded people
- Join the online community of writers and make use of the resources, information, courses, programs and wisdom they have available. I like:
Varuna the Writers House www.varuna.com.au
Australian Society of Authors https://www.asauthors.org/
Australian Writer’s Marketplace https://www.awmonline.com.au
NSW Writer’s Centre http://www.nswwc.org.au/
- Read lots – Read the kind of stuff you like to write.
- Do your research and take notice of the publishers who publish the type of story you’re writing.
- Don’t give up… if you think you’ve got something really special then don’t let a rejection letter stop you!